The Talon Head was designed and built by Academy Award winning motion picture engineers. It has been chosen by DP's and producers around the world for its smoothness, stability, and versatile features.
In production for many years now, the Talon is extremely reliable, easy to set up and operate, and capable of imperceptibly slow or lightning fast moves with no sacrifice in stability. Carrying an impressive set of standard features and a proud pedigree, the Talon outperforms the competition at a fraction of the price and works with a huge range of film and video cameras.
The hand wheels offer fully independent, scalable control of pan and tilt, mimicking the classic gear head from the world of feature filmmaking. The hand wheels are slaved to the advanced console, which features a superb 3-axis joystick with customizable response for pan/tilt/zoom, oversize control knobs for focus and menu adjust, backlit keypad, and a whole host of parametric menu settings and interface options. The system is compatible with virtual set software, motion data import/export, and is capable of controlling servo lenses directly or can be integrated seamlessly with our TOC external lens drive motor system.
The Talon is used on a regular basis by crane & jib operators, visual effects studios, sports & racing productions, and feature film crews worldwide. Available with a wide array of options for camera & lens control, mounting hardware, and even wireless control up to 1 mile, it is the ultimate in affordable true motion control heads, with superb mechanical stability and frame-accurate, recordable 5-channel control for absolutely precise repeatable motion control sequences. If you have any questions, please email or call us, or you can visit one of our demo/rental outlets for a hands-on experience.
- Cine Style Handwheels or Joystick control
- Programmable smoothing controls for each motor
- Programmable max speeds for each motor
- Programmable motion limits for pan & tilt
- Wireless option available
- Extremely rigid for smooth motion @ telephoto
- Fuj/Canon/Preston serial & analog lens control
- Record and move up to 2000 marked positions
- Record and playback up to 1 hour and up to 2000 takes
- Share recorded data with laptop: upload & download
- Precise homing control via pushbutton commands
- Camera sync feature for frame accurate shots
- Advanced Intervalometer provides 3 modes for stretching moves in time